Ever since I read Terry Pratchett’s Mort and Hogfather which features Death as a main character, I have been inspired to write my own stories with my own version of Death. It’s fun writing this “guy”, particularly when exploring the human condition.
My first Death story is Death and a Salesman’s Cousin, which is one of my personal favorites. Since then, I have written nine other short pieces featuring Death, even if he’s merely a cameo. Currently, only two of my earlier Death stories are archived on this website, Death and a Salesman’s Cousin and Bernie Connor?. Both were originally competition pieces at Needle In The Hay, the former being the winner and the latter, in my own assessment, being my weakest Death piece.
For the sake of convenience, I have included a list of my Death stories below:
- Jun.2017: GLX-23 FAQ — Needle In The Hay, winner of FAQ Quest Award
- May.2017: Death in the Air — 50-Word Stories
- May.2017: Death to the Fight — Needle In The Hay, shortlisted for The Protest Pro Test Award
- Feb.2017: Meditations on Death — 50-Word Stories
- Jun.2016: SkullBook — Needle In The Hay, winner of Bertie Beats The Tweets Award
- Mar.2016: Till Death Do Us In — Needle In The Hay, co-second place for What We Talk About When We Talk About Love Award
- Nov.2015: Death Trap — Aphelion, winner of September/October 2015 Flash Fiction Contest
- Nov.2015: Bernie Connor? — Needle In The Hay, shortlisted for The Barry + Barry Award
- Oct.2015: Death of Tradition — 50-Word Stories
- Sep.2015: Death and a Salesman’s Cousin — Needle In The Hay, winner of The Custom Rims Award